Venture Capital Internship Program
Newion is a long-standing venture capital firm based in Amsterdam, focused on early-stage investments in emerging B2B software companies in North-West Europe, supporting their growth to become category leaders in their market. The Newion team consists of five investment partners, a CFO, three associates and a venture partner. To support the team with the sourcing and assessment of investment opportunities and management of portfolio companies, Newion is looking for an:
Investment Analyst (intern)
Internship at top-tier venture capital firm in Amsterdam
The investment analyst (intern) will be working on:
- Scouting promising startups, connecting/meeting with ambitious entrepreneurs
- Assessment of investment opportunities, including specific analyses (team strength, customer metrics, market attractiveness, competition, financials)
- Development of investment proposals, fund reporting and other documentation
- Assisting portfolio companies with requests and reporting requirements
- Supporting internal and external communications and organization of events
We look for candidates that have the following requirements:
- Enrollment in (or just finished) a (Master) level university program in business, finance or engineering
- Gained some first experiences in fast-paced work environments, such as a startup, strategy-consulting, investment banking or venture capital
- Clear affinity with technology and entrepreneurship;
- Team player with strong communication skills; a network in the tech ecosystem is a plus
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial mindset
- Analytical, data-driven, but pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Fluent in English; knowledge of Dutch language is a plus, but not required
The internship is for minimally 4 months and maximally 6 months, and can start in Q1 and Q3.
As founding member of the #fundright initiative, Newion strives to increase the diversity of people working in technology and venture capital. Newion aims to offer equal opportunity to all people regardless of gender, ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, labor limitation or age. We actively encourage women to apply for this position.
If you are interested in this position please fill in the application form here:
For more information about this position or procedure, you can contact Herman Kienhuis at herman@newion.